Saturday, February 2, 2008

not sure what's got into me...

Hello everyone,

I've been given a hard time for not having any new content! Well the usual excuse...but that's not to say God hasn't been at work in my life this week since my last post. I've got several anecdotes to share but will have to wait until a later time to write all that out. My point in today's post is that for whatever reason (God's direction most likely) I stumbled across You Tube the other night. Now you might be saying, "What you've never heard of You Tube?!" No that's not the case, I just found myself surfing it a bit for the first time this week and I stumbled across a video post entitled "Why I don't believe." Needless to say watched. Needless to say I felt compelled to reply, given the fact that I too, used to be an atheist. 

The communication between me and this other person, "phil", has been very interesting so far. I think it's fascinating how people project their own thoughts and own prejudices on others. If you want to check this out you can at the following addresses below.

Please note that while you can see prejudices projected on me (in the first replies from "phil") what you cannot see was the prejudices I projected on him. I shamefully admit I was expecting a much different response to my video than what I got. I was expecting him to attack and try to make me look like an idiot, I even found myself worrying about what have I started, and will I have the answers I need to "save face" - I felt very uneasy after doing this.

When you see what happens though it truly is a testimony to God's work through the gift and teachings of Jesus. If we love one another, ie not pre-judge, not attack regardless of huge differences of opinion, if we just step out and engage each other as human beings who want the same peace and love as we do then that's what transpires. I have to admit the smiley face "phil" sent really was the last thing I expected to get.

Watch if you'd like and if you feel compelled to reply I ask you to consider your words before writing.

...for out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.
- Matthew 12:34 TNIV


The video I felt compelled to respond to can be found at:
www.youtube.com/user/philhellenes

scroll down on the lower right corner to find a post, "Why I Don't Believe"


The following link is my own step out into the video world which was an introduction of myself to "phil".
www.youtube.com/user/BrianZiska


God Bless!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

briiian. please start blogging again. i miss it.