Monday, January 28, 2008

a moment of Humility...

I learned yesterday that I failed a friend, just after feeling really good about my spiritual progress. I truly felt this failure in my heart. Interestingly I have lately been drawn to the idea of time - I've been all over the map with this in ways to crazy to get into right now but some words I stumbled across in Hebrews last week kept resonating in my head (and heart) as I was made aware of my shortcomings.


...today, please listen, don't turn a deaf ear...
- Hebrews 4:7,  The Message

While this statement can't help be a call to be present in the moment, we sometimes forget to do so (or are afraid to do so, or frankly are to selfish to do so). I am currently feeling this, feeling challenged to do this, to be this, to be more present in the moment to not turn a deaf ear on God or others He has put in front of me. 

I don't think it's any accident that I just now am starting this blog, that I am feeling called to act, that I am feeling called to engage people more, the time is now, when we hear God calling. So as we try not to turn a deaf ear we can also gain motivation and hope in God's words  just before the above passage:

...God keeps renewing the promise and keeps setting the date as today...
- Hebrews 4:7,  The Message


I now, with more intention, look forward to the chance God puts before me today!


No comments: